Welcome to my Scott Taylor for Congress campaign website.
If your intention is to visit my official, Member of Congress website, please click here.
At this website you can read my bio, sign up to receive updates on the campaign and fundraising events and click on the donate button to donate to my campaign for re-election.
I am so deeply honored and humbled to serve as your representative to the US House of Representatives. Every time I walk onto the floor of the House I am instantly reminded of the great responsibility my colleagues and I have to get our country headed in the right direction again.
In January 2017, I was selected to serve on the powerful House Appropriations Committee. Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution states, in part, “No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law.” The Committee, together with the Senate Appropriations Committee, develops the spending plan for the US government. This is an incredible responsibility which I take very seriously.
As I travel through our amazing congressional district I am constantly reminded of the many diverse communities in our district. I am always happy to meet new people, listen to their concerns and keep those concerns in mind as I represent the almost 750,000 people who live in our district.
We have many accomplishments in the time that I have served as your Representative:
- We have invested substantially in rebuilding and modernizing our armed forces – this improves our military readiness, provides more funds for training and maintenance and creates many new jobs in our district
- We are improving veterans’ health care; although the VA has more to do to tackle long wait times for appointments
- We passed historic tax reforms to cut personal and business income taxes which has enabled families in our district to keep more of their hard-earned money and companies are investing in their employees and their future
- We have repealed numerous overly-burdensome federal regulations to unleash America’s business community and we are putting an end to the wage stagnation that has plagued our country for 20 years – people are finally making more money
- We are working to replace Obamacare with a health care insurance system that improves affordability, accessibility and quality of care; importantly, any plan I support must include a health insurance plan for those with pre-existing conditions
- We are working to ensure that our trade deals are fair to American workers; the economic devastation realized across too much of America because of bad trade deals has to be reversed.
During the time that I have served in public office I have done my very best to serve and represent everyone – no matter whether you’re white, black or brown, civilian or military – Everyone! I passionately believe that every American must have the opportunity to succeed and be heard.
Thank you for your support. If you haven’t made a donation to my campaign for re-election, please consider doing so today.
– Scott Taylor
757.234.2020 • P.O. Box 66528, VA BEACH VA 23466 • firstname.lastname@example.org