Welcome to my Scott Taylor for Congress political campaign website.
If your intention is to visit my official House of Representatives website, please click here.
At this campaign website you can read my bio, sign up to receive updates on the campaign and fundraising events and click on the donate button to donate to my campaign for re-election.
I am so deeply honored and humbled to serve as your representative to the US House of Representatives. Every time I walk onto the floor of the House I am instantly reminded of the great responsibility my colleagues and I have to get our country headed in the right direction again.
In January, I was selected to serve on the powerful House Appropriations Committee. Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution states, in part, “No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law.” The Committee, together with the Senate Appropriations Committee, develops the spending plan for the US government. This is an incredible responsibility which I take very seriously.
As I travel through our amazing congressional district I am constantly reminded of the district’s diverse communities. I am always happy to meet new people, listen to their concerns and keep those concerns in mind as I represent the almost 750,000 people who live in our district.
My priorities are to:
- Rebuild and modernize our armed forces
- Take care of our veterans; we’re going to tackle the long wait times and lack of timely care
- Rewrite and simplify the US Tax Code so American businesses will choose to stay here rather than relocate to tax havens overseas
- Repeal and rewrite overly-burdensome federal regulations to unleash America’s business community and put an end to the wage stagnation that has plagues our country for20 years
- Replace Obamacare with a national health care insurance system that improves affordability, accessibility and quality of care; importantly, any plan I support will include a health insurance plan for those with pre-existing conditions
- Ensure that our trade deals are fair to American workers; the economic devastation realized across too much of America because of bad trade deals has to be reversed
I have said this repeatedly and I mean it; I will serve and represent everyone – no matter whether you’re white, black or brown, civilian or military – Everyone! I passionately believe that every American must have the opportunity to succeed and be heard.
Thank you for your support. If you haven’t made a donation to my campaign for re-election, please consider doing so today.
– Scott Taylor
P.O. Box 66528, VA BEACH VA 23466 • firstname.lastname@example.org